Learn a lifetime skill. Keep yourself & others safe.

Driver Improvement Program

Driver Improvement Program

A Driver Improvement Program (sometimes called DIP Class) is for drivers who have received five or more points on their driving record. Drivers who have a Provisional Driver's License, and drivers with a Learner's Permit, are required to take the DIP class after receiving any moving violation, even if it is less than five points.


When: Registration at the indicated class start time.
For More Information: Call 410-467-RPDS
Location: 711 W. 40th St. Suite 205, Baltimore, MD 21211

Upcoming Classes

Saturday April 21


Cost is $65 per class

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is required to take the class?

A holder of a Provisional Driver's License, or a Learner's Permit, who is found guilty of any moving violation. A person with a full Driver's License has to take the DIP class if they have five or more points on their driving record.

How long is the class?

Three to four hours.

How much does it cost?


My ticket is from another state, will the DIP Class be sufficient?

It depends on the state and the kind of ticket. The state where you received the ticket might have information on their MVA (or DMV) website. Your letter from the other state might have a phone number you can call for information.

Do I have to pre-register?

It is helpful if you let us know in advance that you are coming.

Do I have to bring anything?

Yes, two things. You need a government issued photo ID. An MVA ID card, driver's license, or learner's permit, is ok. In addition, you will need your 'Letter of Assignment' from the MVA.

What if I lost or don't have a letter from the MVA?

Bring your photo ID. We have a form you will sign stating that you do not have a 'Letter of Assignment.'

Can I take the DIP class before I go to court?

Yes. Many people receive a ticket and take the class before their court date to show pre-judgement rehabilitation. Some judges may consider this when making their decision.

Can I take the class on-line?

Roland Park Driving School only offers DIP in the classroom.

Will I get a certificate of completion?

After successful completion of the class, the instructor will give you a form showing that you have completed DIP. This paper is for your records. The driving school will enter your completion onto the MVA database.

Where can I get more information?